Virtua NBA

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Virtua NBA

Post by OldFoo »

:smt006

I was lucky enough to acquire one (It should be here next week) Has any1 played this? I'm thinking it's a lil better than NBA Showtime on NBC but doesn't have all the buttons of NBA Live which suits me fine. :smt020
OldFoo

Re: Virtua NBA

Post by OldFoo »

DJ Infinity wrote::smt006

I was lucky enough to acquire one (It should be here next week) Has any1 played this? I'm thinking it's a lil better than NBA Showtime on NBC but doesn't have all the buttons of NBA Live which suits me fine. :smt020

I've played it but do not have anything to campare it too.

All I know is that it is likely not leaving my collection.

I know I have the Marquee and I think I have the insert art so.

Glad the lead I gave you on the other V-NBA worked out.

I was tempted to buy it myself for that price. :D

They ussualy go for about $200-$250 depending on if they have original artwork

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joey tang was selling it for $65 + ship. It's fun, but the auto switching is annoying. I think it's an alright game...I'd like to own it again someday.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Just a side note. On the site they have it listed as using 3 buttons. I read the .pdf manual for it. The game uses only 2 buttons! :D I like it already a game for slow people like me. Pass & shoot it gets no better :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

My problem with the game is it feels unresponsive, no matter if you are trying to pass, shoot, steal or block. To me it plays more like a sim than an arcade game. Also the default time limit is low, you only get 2 minutes. And its kinda wierd that shaq can dribble the ball as well as jason kidd or kobe bryant. The grafix are outstanding and the motions are fluid, but it definately has some drawbacks to get used to.