driving cab questions.

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

driving cab questions.

Post by OldFoo »

I've been looking into picking up a driving cab. I have my eye on one that is a sit down.

I've never owned any driver so I don't know a whole lot about getting a used one.

I'm curious about how they hold up for one thing. Also the stand up naomi drivers vs the sitdown ones. How tall does my kid need to be to really get to use the stand up one okay? Seeing how the stand ones up are made could they be chopped down like I see the other cabs on here?

Anyhow those may seem silly but I've never actually seen in person the upright naomi driving cab. There is one an another city I called about I'll try to go look at next week but would rather not waste my time and gas money if it would just be better to get a sit down.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I would get a sit down, no way id play a racing game standing up. Just my .02
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have a sitdown single Naomi2 Initial D v2 I'd sell for a song. I'm in WV, 25314. Let me know if you are interested.

Wade
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have both, it's all down to what you are really looking for.

If room is no issue, definately go for a sitdown. An upright has no Force Feedback, and the experience due to this while playing just makes you feel you're missing something. Also standing while driving gives you a different feel then sitting down comfortabely while driving.

Do get the bench though which should be with an upright, it's pretty much unplayable without it.

That being said, if room is a (small) issue, an upright is not as heavy as a sitdown (about half the wait), and moving it is easier.

Also take note the game you want to play, when you get a JVS sitdown (or upright), you can swap in a wide variety of games, but most of them require some wiring modification to work fully (for example a shifter which doesn't work etc). If you like Initial D for example and want to swap that into a JVS cab (upright or sitdown), then you'll quickly notice you NEED a card reader to decently play it. WHich is quite expensive to buy loose. There are also differences in driveboards for some games, meaning your force feedback won't work unless you get the correct rom/driveboard.

All in all, there's more to it then just getting a sitdown to play all games, i suggest doing some research so you're sure you buy what you need.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Regarding the 'how tall do you have to be': not tall.

I had normal height kids from 7-8 yeas old play on my upright cab, that's not a problem at all. Pretty much everyone can play it, i am about 1.9x meters, and i have no problems at all playing it either.

And regarding chopping an upright: It's very possible and done before.

But....don't do it....just don't :p