Are any of the Gundam games any fun?

Discuss gameplay strategies & post highscores in this forum
OldFoo

Are any of the Gundam games any fun?

Post by OldFoo »

They are so cheap... Is this for a reason?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I asked the same question over at killer cabs a while ago and didnt get a response, so i just decided to go out and get one. I bought Gundam vs Zeon DX and i actually dont mind it. Basically you choose two mechs either federation or zeon and then go up against some other mechs in an arena. The DX version has got the space battles whilst the normal version doesn't.

I find the controls to be very basic and the AI to be a bit stupid. If you can get two of them then it might be worthwhile as playing against the computer is a bit naf.

I do think that it is worth the money. I think that my DX version cost me $30USD?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't seen anyone talking about it either, lol.

If I get a Naomi 2 board I might grab two of the carts just to see what it's like.

It uses standard controls right? I don't need analog sticks?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

gamejunkie wrote:Thanks for the reply. I hadn't seen anyone talking about it either, lol.

If I get a Naomi 2 board I might grab two of the carts just to see what it's like.

It uses standard controls right? I don't need analog sticks?

Hi GameJunkie.

Pretty sure it uses standard digital sticks.

I just purchased a Gundam DX. (I actually purchased it to get a spikeout repro Marquee and and Spikers Battle Repro Marquee)

Regards

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog wrote:
Pretty sure it uses standard digital sticks.

Yes, it does. :smt023

It even shows a standard stick during the how-to. :smt072
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

you just need to set your cab to single player in the test menu othersie it wont boot. As far as i know, the DX version was never released in cart form.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog wrote:

I just purchased a Gundam DX.

So Bob, whats it like then?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Like most arena style or deathmatch fighting games, playing by yourself can get dull fast. It is best played with others. Only then is it a worhthile game. :smt062
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yep, gonna link it and check it out. Should be fun.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Gilles54 wrote:Yep, gonna link it and check it out. Should be fun.
Yeah, let me know what happens. I posted a while back about my troubles with linking this game. Although I have a theory why it might have not worked, I was not successful for some reason. :smt102
Last edited by OldFoo on Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.