New here- just got a naomi cabinet- newb questions

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

New here- just got a naomi cabinet- newb questions

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, so a friend gave me a broken cab. It's getting an error message, I'll have to check which one it is later.

1st of all this is a capcom cabinet that wasn't made for arcades. It was given out for raffles and whatnot. Are these fairly common? No coin slots, it has coin buttons. It's smaller than a normal cab and has megaman artwork on the sides.

The monitor bezel is broken- the wood is split on the top. Can I order a new one from somewhere, or have one made?

I heard this cab can run a pc in it. The monitor is vga, the sound is rca, and the controllers are usb. Do people make mame/naomi cabs often here? Are there easy ways to toggle back and forth without having to unplug everything and replug into something else?
Last edited by OldFoo on Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Lets see a pic.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Kinda crammed into the corner, but you can see enough.

Won at a Gamestop manager's conference. Given out be Capcom sales reps. My friend was a manager at the time. I actually applied to win a different one at an Electronic Boutique manager conference. This was when they were promoting CVS2 EO I believe.

Will Ikaruga play on this ok? Or will it display on the monitor sideways?

Also- I just noticed there's a manufactured by hanaho games sticker on it

will the dreamcast gd-rom fix by turning the lens screw work on a naomi? as seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTgpWACB ... re=related