Lots of noob type questions

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Lots of noob type questions

Post by OldFoo »

So I recently acquired a Naomi mobo w/Capcom I/O and was wanting to mount it to a board like I've seen in many pics. A couple questions, first is there any reason for mounting them on a board beyond the obvious keeping it together and neat? What size & type of board is recommended? I would like to get a GD Rom in the future so I'd like room for that on there as well.

Speaking of, I have a D Revision Bios, where is a good place to get a new bios?

Finally if anyone happens to want to sell me a Guilty Gear or Zombie Revenge Cart please shoot me a PM.
OldFoo

Re: Lots of noob type questions

Post by OldFoo »

Let's see here....I use a 1/2" thick plywood roughly sized 16x22 if i recall correctly, but bare in mind part of what size you need depends on what cab it is going into and how much space it has...so sizes will vary a bit from cab to cab.

For bios, there are people here, of course, that can help you and you can also usually find them on ebay.

Hope that helps :)

The_Chosen_One wrote:So I recently acquired a Naomi mobo w/Capcom I/O and was wanting to mount it to a board like I've seen in many pics. A couple questions, first is there any reason for mounting them on a board beyond the obvious keeping it together and neat? What size & type of board is recommended? I would like to get a GD Rom in the future so I'd like room for that on there as well.

Speaking of, I have a D Revision Bios, where is a good place to get a new bios?

Finally if anyone happens to want to sell me a Guilty Gear or Zombie Revenge Cart please shoot me a PM.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That helps a lot, I actually don't have a cab for this to go into yet. I have a few other cabs but this is getting played on my supergun currently. I'm planning on getting a Blast City soon, and this is what I want to go in it.