Kick button shenanigans: Help a Naomi Scrub

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Kick button shenanigans: Help a Naomi Scrub

Post by OldFoo »

Hello everyone! Long time lurker first time poster here, mostly to get help with my naomi cabinet featuring mvc2!

My woes stem from one...frustrating...problem:

I have a 2 player 6 button setup (each player has 6 buttons)

PLayer 1 side, all buttons work flawlessly. Player 2 side, all buttons work flawlessly EXCEPT BUTTON 6 (aka roundhouse, aka hard kick, aka assist 2 button)

ONE button is preventing me from NEt city cab mvc2 nirvana...

Now, I have done enough research to know that either there is something wrong with my I/O board (please tell me there is not lol), or that there is somethign wrong with my kick harness wiring.

I am leaning towards kick harness wiring error, because mine does not look like the ones in the diagrams listed on this site.

using the remaining quick disconnects, I can take two combinations of them, plug them to the button, and it will produce another light kick button (aka button 4).

This is driving me crazy. I am not sure what to do. When looking at the loom, can I simply tug hard enough on the wire (in the 5x2 peg) and place it in another square? Are they made to be switched around? I am too afraid of breaking something...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

help me please?
OldFoo

Re: Kick button shenanigans: Help a Naomi Scrub

Post by OldFoo »

burcs_imoan wrote:Hello everyone! Long time lurker first time poster here, mostly to get help with my naomi cabinet featuring mvc2!

My woes stem from one...frustrating...problem:

I have a 2 player 6 button setup (each player has 6 buttons)

PLayer 1 side, all buttons work flawlessly. Player 2 side, all buttons work flawlessly EXCEPT BUTTON 6 (aka roundhouse, aka hard kick, aka assist 2 button)

ONE button is preventing me from NEt city cab mvc2 nirvana...

Now, I have done enough research to know that either there is something wrong with my I/O board (please tell me there is not lol), or that there is somethign wrong with my kick harness wiring.

I am leaning towards kick harness wiring error, because mine does not look like the ones in the diagrams listed on this site.

using the remaining quick disconnects, I can take two combinations of them, plug them to the button, and it will produce another light kick button (aka button 4).

This is driving me crazy. I am not sure what to do. When looking at the loom, can I simply tug hard enough on the wire (in the 5x2 peg) and place it in another square? Are they made to be switched around? I am too afraid of breaking something...

Look at the pin out

should be

1=button 4

2=button 5

3=button 6

4=button 7 (n/c)

5=gnd

6=button 4 pl2

7=button 5 pl2

8=button 6 pl2

9=button 7 pl2 (n/c)

10=gnd

So could be your extra button loom is blast/astro type, or your I/O board has a burnt output on button 6 pl2
OldFoo

Re: Kick button shenanigans: Help a Naomi Scrub

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
So could be your extra button loom is blast/astro type, or your I/O board has a burnt output on button 6 pl2

thanks for the reply andygeezer

my question now is, how would i go about getting the net city type of extra button loom, or how could i replace an output on my i/o board?