Naomi Help please

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Naomi Help please

Post by OldFoo »

I just bought my first naomi set up for a pretty cheap. It was taken out of a Confidential Mission arcade. In the box was a mobo, gd-rom unit, dimm board, some input boards (don't know what they are) and a big silver box with what looks like audio cables with a bunch of others attached to it. I also have a capcom i/o. What I'm asking is if there is anything else that I need to basically get what I have up and running. From what I've read on some of these forums so far is that a psu is needed to run a gd-rom set up and a power splitter to plug into this psu. If I'm missing anything else, would someone please inform and let me know. One more thing I forgot to mention is that the gd rom came with a game in it and I noticed that the dimm board had some sort of small chip in it. It doesn't look like a security chip that comes with the software. Something way smaller. Sorry for the noob question. Totally new to Naomi and a little confused. From the looks of it though it is worth it. Please Help.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well most of that will become redundant if you are planning on NOT playing shooters, what are you looking at using this in? what type of games? the chip in the DIMM board is the sec chip, just in CM they didnt put it in a pretty plastic shell, post what you plan on using it for and can help some more
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I plan on playing action and sports games mainly. I wouldn't mind playing it as a shooter but my lack of knowledge and materials (as well as funding) keeps me from going towards a shooter. I'm going to put it in a cabinet that I have. I plan on putting it in a candy cab one day when I'm able to get one. They look really nice and bright with the monitors some come with. If I don't plan on keeping the game and decide to sell it, I would have to include the little chip right? Is it hard taking it out? Is there lot's of resistance or little? Please forgive me for asking so many dumb questions. I hope this reply post more or less gives a little more of where I'm going with my Naomi rig. Should I pm next time I reply to not fill the forums with my questions? Just wondering. :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The chip is not hard to take out. There is a little clip that you press on one side of the chip to release it from the DIMM then it will allow you to pull it out.