Naomi gd-rom drive Noob Question 2

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Naomi gd-rom drive Noob Question 2

Post by OldFoo »

I have a naomi gd-rom set up that came with a little square power supply. I have a capcom I/O but have read that it is not good to wire it up with out a separate power supply. My question is how do I connect my square power supply to my gd-rom unit? It has connectors on both sides. One side has a black and white wires with a female connector, which I'm assuming is the A/C side and the other side has three sets of male connectors. It didn't come with any other wires. Just a set of extension cables for two of the connectors. Not the third connector which is a little bit smaller than the other bigger connectors. I'm assuming that that is the connector for the gd-rom but I don't have that little cable. I read a forum that shows you how to make a power splitter but I would like to get the original set if possible to not have to make one myself. Also how do I power the separate psu? Could I just cut the a/c wires and put a regular plug and power it from my house socket or is there a way to get it powered by the jamma cabinet that I have? I saw that in the main site it shows the same little square psu that I have. I just don't know where it is plugged or getting it's power from. Sorry for the Noob questions but I need all the help I can get. As I tinker with it a little, I get more or less how it works. Just the gd-rom part has me stumped. All the help is greatly appreciated. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Check out this post and let us know if you have any additional questions.

http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2006