Naomi Monitors Curvature

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Naomi Monitors Curvature

Post by OldFoo »

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know how many different monitor curvatures exist on Naomi cabs?

I bought two Naomi cabs six months ago, one had a flat Sanwa PFX and the other a curved Nanao. I thought those two were the only monitor curvatures available, therefore if you had a curved bezel you could fit a curved monitor and viceversa.

So today I was really surprised when I tried to fit the curved Nanao on to a crazy taxi cabinet which I just bought and the bezel wouldn?t fit correctly.

I bought the cab from a guy who have me a 175? discount if he kept the monitor. Since I had a curved monitor which seemed just like his I decided to buy it without monitor, so yesterday I went to his place took the monitor apart (actually we had to take the whole cabinet apart to fit it through a really small door) and the monitor seemed exactly the same as mine (same controls same connectors) and I quickly checked the model number and at first glance thought it was the same.Now, after having problems fitting the bezel in place and looking at my monitor model again, which is MS2932, suddenly remembered his had an ?S? after the model and also it might have been 2934 instead, that is MS2934S. ?Could that be the problem??I think I read something about this somewhere but can?t remember.

Thanks everybody.

Eduardo.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi again,

I guess I posted without searching the web for an answer. Here is the answer I found in another forum which seems to solve the problem if anyone is interested:

"BTW for those who are wondering on curvature of nanao 29" monitors:

Curved:

MS8, MS9, MS2932

Semi Curved:

MS2930, MS2931, MS2934 (these all use the same tube/yoke by the way)"

and of course the flat Sanwa PFX!

So, does anybody know how to modify the bezel to make it fit?

That is fitting a 2934 bezel on a 2932 monitor.

Or does anyone have an extra 2932 bezel at a good price and willing to ship to Spain?

Or does anyone want to trade 2932 for 2934?

Or does anyone think I am getting a little off-topic?

Thanks.

Eduardo.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thank you.

I will consider that option. :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Is that the right one you need?I have 2 for a flatter tube spare somewhere.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes, I guess thats the one. My monitor is a MS-2932, so that one should fit okay.