Naomi RAM and SRAM Questions

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

tom61 wrote:If you're using wires that small, I'm surprised it didn't catch fire. Use wires about as thick as the wire used to power drives in a computer.

As the wires heated up the voltage likely dropped, you should have been able to measure it. When checking faulty stuff, check when it's good, and again very soon after the fault occurs.

I was surprised too. I know I should change them, but haven't got the resorces to do so.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

IMHO, everyone in the 'hobby-arcade-scene' should have a simple multimeter and basic knowledge on how to use it. These systems are not a 'plug-and-play' thing by any means.. As you have just found out ;-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:IMHO, everyone in the 'hobby-arcade-scene' should have a simple multimeter and basic knowledge on how to use it. These systems are not a 'plug-and-play' thing by any means.. As you have just found out ;-)

It's only after wiring this up at 2~3am with no sleep or caffine did I realize "Hang gn...isn't this dangerous?". Ducking and covering and turning it on, hearing it power up fine I thought all was well. Anyway. I'll wire newer JVS connectors when I can.