yet another n00b looking for help

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

yet another n00b looking for help

Post by OldFoo »

hey all, I've recently been introduced to this hobby.

so far, here's what I've got -

Naomi Mobo

Capcom Vs. SNK

sega I/O

Sega PSU

Sega Amp w/ Transformer

as it is, I'm wanting to set up the system as a kind of supergun for the time being.

the problem is, I'm missing a couple cables, namely

cable to supply power to the I/O.

cable to supply power to the transformer.

cable to plug into the back end of the power supply.

can anyone tell me where I can find the cables I'd need, or where I can get the parts to build the cables myself?

thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Since you've got a capcom I/O you'd be wise to do a lot of reading on the JAMMA standard before you touch anything. You want to understand every thing that you're connecting and why.

If you're not going to use a cabinet, the amp/transformer is probably of no use to you. Just run the RCA audio straight from the NAOMI mobo to your TV or stereo

If I were in your shoes, I'd hook the two plugs that fit from the sega PSU to the Mobo up directly. Then, I'd take off the "extra" connector to access the ground, +5, and +12, and power the JAMMA harness on the capcom IO with that. That way you don't have to power the NAOMI from the I/O. You'll only need to hook up the "USB" cable from the I/O to the NAOMI. You can run the VGA straight from the NAOMI to your HDTV or PC monitor.

Do you plan on building your own arcade sticks to use with the set up?

this is my cart build: http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4653
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

actually, I've got the Sega I/O, and I need to supply power to it from the power supply to even see if it works right now.

I know that right now the amp/transformer is not necessary, but the naomi will eventually go into a cabinet, so I figured I'd just get that out of the way.

as for what you suggested, that's pretty much what I had planned, though I was going to add a socket for a standard PC power cable and a power switch.

and yeah, I plan on building my own sticks, shouldn't be any kind of a problem.