Sega Lindbergh Yellow totally fails on me :-(

Frequently Asked Questions Technical Database
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sadly i know very little about these tbh as touch wood had no trouble, Andy really is your man, i think Jackalus fixes these too or maybe knows his way round them as he's advertising his services on Jamma+ but sure Andy will know but hes a busy man so be patient ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

whats the longest you've left it hanging on that screen though?Turned off after 15 mins or left it longer?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

over an Hour lol... today.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i tryed to boot it without the security key, plugged out the Harddisk and put it back in but nothing happens ...it just won't load untill the end and stay's still on that damn loading screen :-( i really don't know what to do anymore.

So damn frustrating having a new Cab at Home and no Chance to get it playing stable and properly :smt090
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Replacement video card is probably the issue, especially if it is a 7800GS, as some are 7900GS (G71 GPU).

Check the bios sticker, if it is 5.71 it will never work on Afterburner Climax as the Nvidia driver doesn't support 5.71 bios cards.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This one is the Original Videocard that came with the cab : Image

And this is the Replacement Videocard :

they are both 5.70
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I had the same issues with my Afterburner Climax setup. the 'squeeeeek' is the little speaker on the Video card. First make sure you plugged in the power supply to the video card.

What I did to get everything to work is to replace the firmware on the replacement video card with the firmware on the original card.

Check my post here (it is in dutch, so best to use a translation site) for instructions and a link to the tools to do the job (use a seperate PC for replacing the firmware. It will not work using the lindbergh ofcourse :-)).

http://www.nozomi.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3223

Be aware, this could work. It could also render your 'new' videocard useless. I decided to just give it a try before ordering an official replacement video card. My Climax is up and running and working like a charm after applying my 'ghetto fix' :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thank you very much Cageman but i ain't got a Floppy drive lol... :)

And no PC with an agp-slot.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

any bootable floppy image can be made into a bootable cdr or dvdr

as for a agp sloty your in a tight spot
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah :-( btw. i don't have a Disc-drive in my Lindbergh, it's just a Harddisc, i bet there's the game on it and a CF where i bet the OS on it, am i correct or totally fail again?