Account "senorchris"

Admin/Mod Section
OldFoo

Account "senorchris"

Post by OldFoo »

Got a pm from this guy (under senorbob) saying that his "senorchris" was banned, who did & why ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ah :-) That would be me. The account was browsing a protected section of the site (deleted posts). Thought is was suspicious, and banned the account. Account only existed for a very short period of time. I banned both the account, and the originating IP address. The fact that he returns within a few minutes with another account and a different IP address is somewhat suspicious as well.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, btw all that stuff with Andy is boring me a bit now, we need to delete lock all the .net boot shit though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I agree. I noticed you were already locking/deleting topics. Anything you specifically want me/other mods to do? Scan recent topics and delete/lock any illegal stuff?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

He wrote back:

I was trying to access moderator sections? I apologize, but I assure you if I did, it wasn't intentionally! I follow links to the forum from google from time to time (usually searching for the solution to a problem) - is it possible that google might have spidered an admin section, and clicking the link flagged my account as trying to access it?

Regardless of how it happened, it wasn't intentional - any chance you could remove the ban, please?

Cheers,

Chris
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Through Google..? hmm.. weird.. well.. I will remove the ban and monitor where his account ends up this time :-)