its for the naomi 2 thread

Moderators: please move/split threads into here
OldFoo

its for the naomi 2 thread

Post by OldFoo »

update.

the monitor is fired up, the mobo is fired up. black screen.

the dimm has an id1 security chip fitted, the gdrom is not connected or powered up. surely i should be seeing a fault code on the monitor. the i/o board is not connected up either.

the mobo has a red led on ??? possible fault ???

the dips on the mobo are either all off or all on, i cant make it out, sorry.

last night i plugged in a laptop, it showed the booting logo then no picture ???

this is the only 31k monitor i have just now. can i run the mobo through a pc monitor ??? purely for test purposes.

cheers.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can run the Naomi on a computer monitor if the dip switches are set to hi-res (640x480). For this, make sure all switches on the filter board (where all connections are made) are pushed down. The red led is not necessarily an indication of a hardware failure since it is on when the system is working normally. Make sure all of the internal fans are clean and working since this can prevent the system from booting.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

update

the monitor is good to go, and the naomi 2 mobo is booting onto it.

how big a pc do i need ??? i have a p4 laptop im thinking of using. ive never had much luck with mame, it seems i have always used a computer with to low a spec. so i want to make sure this time it works.

any advice on this would be great.

cheers.

john bud
Last edited by OldFoo on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Please remove all the .net boot talk.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hi pete, is that ok ??? i can scrub it all if you prefer. i didnt know that subject was taboo. i thought it was just looking for chips etc.

sorry.

john bud
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Netbooting is usualy used for pirating GD games to my knowledge, so it's not supported here I guess.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks John :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

A DIMM with network ports will take quite a while to show anything on the screen, wait a few minutes and the black screen should be replaced with the boot up logo.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

for the sake of keeping the peace, and not wanting to start controversy. i will only say. thanks for the help. and mods feel free to lose this thread. it was never my intention to stand on toes. i was a bit mis-guided on this.

cheers.

john bud