what format is the cf cards in?

Moderators: please move/split threads into here
OldFoo

what format is the cf cards in?

Post by OldFoo »

are the gdrom files in a single .dat or are they the files as they are on the gdrom?

or how do i create a cf card from my gdroms.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The game data is able to be read from NAOMI GD-ROM disc. The file type will be .bin or .dat. The data on GD-ROM disc is originally encrypted by sega.

The decrypted bin or dat can be found on the internet.

The better way to transfer the game data to dimm board is through naomi network (special Dimm KEY need). The naomi fans can upload almost any naomi game data (includes cart game) through PC-network to naomi dimm. It is better than doing transfer game data through a Naomi CF(/GD ROM) kit.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thank you but i wasnt asking about the netboot and the zero key

after a bit of research its seem to me the high def part of the gdrom disc will be on the cf cards

example for Border Down

BGH.BIN

BORDER.BIN (encypted binary)

NAOMIGD.BIN
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

As i know, there are only some NAOMI titles can support to run with the CF kit.

I have no CF kit, however i have searched for much more information about the Naomi CF kit, too. I think the solution of naomi netboot is better than using the CF kit.

To make naomi netboot run with a wireless AP is a better idea for naomi playing.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

any game that can be netbooted can be cf carded. it is the same process the dim is filled with data. and the naomi treats it as the cart it is.

please no more net boot. i didnt ask about netbooting
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

id like to know more info about the CF dimm. is there anywhere to get one besides paying close to $400.00 USD?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

SEGA CF Interface

Post by OldFoo »

Netbooting is for lamers and for kids.

The Arcade Hardware must to be standadalone, and the Netbooting PC's must to stay away from the Arcade Stuff.

ALL the Naomi, Triforce and Chihiro games can load from CF card.

I prefer the SEGA ORIGINAL CF INTERFACE BOXES, I LIKE THEM.

But Really you don't need to buy a Special CF Interface, a cheap 3$ CF to IDE converter is enought.

In the case of Chihiro and Triforce is direct.

See my little video of WMMT booting from CF card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoMGc4etYV8

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So if I buy a cf to ide card how do i get that to connect to my dimm?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wow this topic just got very interesting