New to Naomi

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

New to Naomi

Post by OldFoo »

Hey guys, just joined today so just a quick message to say Hi and make sure I don't lurk too much. I run a gaming and hobby store in Northern Ireland and we always have a few machines running in the back. Right now we have Tekken 5 Dark resurrection, Guitar Freaks 2nd Mix, Rock Fever 4 Remix, LOTR Pinball, Sopranos Pinball and a couple of various cabinets where I toss random boards in and out each week.

Just Ordered a Beach Spikers Universal cabinet from one of my suppliers yesterday and i'm waiting to see what sort of condition it's in when it arrives. I've already got 12 new buttons sitting here and a Naomi kick harness so I can convert the CP to take the fighting games as well.

Is there anything you guys can tell me to expect with this sort of cabinet or should it be fairly straight forward to add in a few extra buttons? Also will I need extra bios chips to run Jap games or will the GD-ROM 2 setup play pretty much everything.

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you lot.

Gareth / Ringtail
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi there! Welcome to the forums! :smt006

As you might expect, JPN games like to run on JPN bios. I would suggest having both the JPN and EXP bioses, just in case. With these, you will be ready for just about any game. The GD setup doesn't really care about what language it's running under, just that the bios needs to support the GD setup.

Adding/Replacing buttons on the JPN style panels is very easy. They pop in and out and are held in by tension as opposed to the US style that you have to screw in.

I hope this helps! :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for the heads up, I'm pretty sure this cabinet will be the USA version so I guess I need to invest in a couple of extra Bios chips and an IC grabber. :)

Who should I talk to about these aformentioned chips? :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer sells them. Give him a PM and I'm sure he will accommodate you. He sells in the Europe area, but where are you located?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Located in Northern Ireland about 30 mins from Belfast is the best description. :)