Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble gd-rom?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Azumanga Daioh Puzzle Bobble gd-rom?

Post by OldFoo »

Just how rare is this game. I have never seen it come up for sale. Does anyone here own this and if so how much did it cost. This may be the only game my girlfriend would play on my cab. Seriously she would die if I surprised her with it. someone please help me. :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Seen a few on ebay US in the past, typical price around $300, probably cheaper on Yahoo Japan.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've seen this game on Yahoo Japan often, although none right now. I believe it was Starpine who sells them. If you don't have a proxy bidding service for YAJ you can try to contacting starpine directly in japan via arcadeboards@gmail.com (although they have never returned my emails). Price was about 30,000Y.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Dave_K. wrote:I've seen this game on Yahoo Japan often, although none right now. I believe it was Starpine who sells them. If you don't have a proxy bidding service for YAJ you can try to contacting starpine directly in japan via arcadeboards@gmail.com (although they have never returned my emails). Price was about 30,000Y.

Dave, what proxy service do you recommend?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks Dave!!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

How would you rate this service? I've read their 'cost and payment' methods, but it seems a bit complex. How are their rates? (Shipping + commision + etc.) What are the requirements to signing up? I'd like to know this information from someone who as actually done business this way. :smt014
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I thought their rates were good compared to another service I was thinking about (Rinkya), but that was over a year ago. Haven't compared since then.

Basically you put down a deposit (they accept paypal), and then bid on items up to 5x your deposit (or something to that effect). You then pay, and optionally can use your deposit as part of the payment. If you have no deposit for a certain amount of time, I believe your ID is deleted, so I keep the deposit there. You can have your deposit refunded in full at any time.

There is some strange bidding war business if two SMJ members bid on the same thing, which is rare. Other than that, the rates are clearly stated, and shipping is cheap but you get charged twice, once from Japan to their office in the states, and then again to your home.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I use SMJ all the time. There are no requirements to sign-up, but to bid you must make a deposit. The deposit you make determines the amount you can bid on Yahoo Japan. As far as service wise goes all the bidding is automated and is pretty straight forward.

Fees can range, but typically when bidding I automatically add about $15 on top of the final auction price (this is an over estimation, but they always charge $2.50 for a wiring fee and typically $5-$12 for middleman fees, which are determined by the final price of the auction.) Shipping is harder to figure out but not that bad if you live in the U.S. You pay internal shipping fees for Japan, which I find comparable in price to USPS. From there they do weekly batch shipments to their warehouse in Indiana, and from their you just pay typical USPS shipping prices to your house. This can be different if you bid on a large or heavier item. If this is the case they will ship it to you direct from Japan, and shipping international varies greatly if you go by air or boat.

Here is an example of a recent Guilty Gear XX Slash I purchased.

Auction Price: 7050yen

Internal Shipping: 1270yen

Middleman fee: $12.00

wire fee: $2.50

Total bill $87.50

This price does not include shipping from Indiana to my door step, but that will be around $5. Also keep in mind the exchange rate always changes. The yen for this item was 114yen = $1.00

So after all charges it cost me $92.50 to get GG Slash from YHJ to my doorstep.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I checked out shoppingmalljapan yesterday after Dave's post. It seems pretty straightforward. I started to poke around and see what's available, and I get the dreaded, "Will Not Ship Overseas" line. That was disappointing.

When went to the Yahoo Auctions Japansite thru SMJ, it provided me with a translation of all the Japanese text, big plus for someone who does not speak Japanese.