Coinop Express seasonal sale - V4FT kit for USD550

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Coinop Express seasonal sale - V4FT kit for USD550

Post by OldFoo »

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here. :D

I was seeking tech info about Naomi systems and fortunately, I found this website/community. I'm looking to lay my hands on a full Naomi II system with VF4:FT. There is a seasonal sale going on at Coinop Express and they offer a used kit for USD550 (Please note that I never bought any arcade system before so I have absolute zero experience with that kind of transactions). Here is a list of the included parts:

Naomi 2 mother board

GD Driver

GD Software

Dimm Board

IO board

Control Panel (2)

cables

Manual

I quickly browsed this forum and found various threads where people were telling their bad experience with this distributor. I also learned about ECL of which everybody said only good things. I just wanted to know if this deal looks reasonable considering the risk at stake. I'd rather not throw out 550 hard-earned bucks only to collect garbage can at the post office. This already happened to me in the past (even though I'm careful) and let me say that this kind of experience is frustrating.

Also, I'd like to know which additional parts I'd need in order to have a ready-to-run system. There is this note on the listing page:

"If you buy the Asian Kit, we will have a special offer for 3.3V power supply, amplifier and jamma harness at USD50.00/PC"

It isn't clear wether $50 is for all the listed parts or if each part is individually sold for 50$. Also, is there anything else missing? Additional PSUs, cables, etc?

Thank you very much and best regards,

PM
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome to the forum pmjobin.

I bought the same kit from COE last year. I would recommend not getting the control panels unless you are serious about using the data cards and have the right cabinet to use them in. Not purchasing the CP's should knock a decent amount off the price and save you a bunch on shipping. Also keep in mind that shipping on the setup will be expensive. If I remember correctly it cost be close to $75-$100 for shipping.

As for COE themselves they delivered exactly what I asked for minus the manual :smt011 . However, I was not satisfied with the whole transaction. The VF4FT disc was not in the greatest of shape. It had water marks on it, which was easily cleaned, but still an inconvenience. The disc also had a few light surface scratched. The game still loads fine, but I am very OCD when it comes to my games. The packaging was not that great either. It was all crammed into a lightly padded box that looked like it went through a tornado. With all that being said everything worked great and is still working today, except for the battery in my dimm.

Personally, I would avoid COE, and try and mix and match pieces from reliable private sellers. For private sellers check out the selling forum here, and over at Killercabs.com. They are all a great bunch of guys, and always seem to have great items for good prices. You could also try Yahoo Japan. There is always Naomi stuff popping up on it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I just came across this on YHJ VF4FT setup
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for replying La4s. :smt006

I just came across this on YHJ VF4FT setup

This looks like an interesting offer. Unfortunately, I cannot speak/read Japanese... :smt014

Is there anybody I could contact to act as an intermediary?

Thanks again.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »