Where can I buy Virtua Fighter 5??

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Where can I buy Virtua Fighter 5??

Post by OldFoo »

anyone seen this kit for sale anywhere? i heard from a fellow virtua fighter player that sega of japan was going to rent out the hardware (HD cab + game) to arcade operaters in japan only, and wouldnt have the hardware available for purchase (cabinet wise? i hope). sounds ghey but never have i seen a flyer for this game on mak or gfront and it seems as if america isnt getting this game -_-. coinop has power smash for $3900, so i wonder how much sega is asking for virtua fighter.

-OutRun
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

VF5 is not being sold as a kit to my knowledge.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

not good. :smt018

-OutRun
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:VF5 is not being sold as a kit to my knowledge.
Not yet, anyways. :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

not at all if Sega have there way, its gonna be dedicated VF5 cab or nowt
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i heard one of the executives over at sony implied in a interview that virtua fighter 5 wasnt coming out in america in the arcade. i assumed this from the beginning but sounds more realistic now.

one thing i did learn in a interview is that lindbergh supports standard definition (31KHz). therefore it must support sega's JVS to JAMMA I/O board as well as 15 KHz. i dont see why they would make the game compatible with the most common arcade machines in japan and not sell it as a solo kit. japan is japan but i dont see every arcade in japan having the standard/deluxe cab just for this game when it would function on the millions of astros/blast/net citys that are in circulation already.

*ROFL yall about to see a blast city on ebay*

-OutRun
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

VF1,2 and 3 all had dedicated cabinets.

Doesn't suprise me that Sega flagship game will have a flagship cabinet, it's a policy they have had for years.

The game needs to be played on a high defination 16x9 screen to be appreciated fully.

Most Lindbergh games will sync to 31K, but not 15K.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yea, that is true. the american vf1 cabinets had the funniest button layout ever. 1P is guard, punch, kick and 2P is kick, punch, guard. hahahahaha

-OutRun
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I hope that will be abe to get our hands in some kits, even if they are expensive
kod

Post by kod »

folks on virtuafighter.com are under the impression that the game will not even function unless it is connected to vf.net

If that's the case, it doesnt matter whether you can buy it, no one outside of japan will be able to play it . . . althought they did have cabs at e3.