Hey from Canada!

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Hey from Canada!

Post by OldFoo »

Ive been looking at arcade systems recently and stumbled apon the NAOMI again... but this time I noticed something, they are very affordable (about as much as a boxed dreamcast) and most of my favorite SEGA Games are on this system.

I have a question, whats the CHEAPEST I can get a NAOMI and a Net City (Or Naomi Upright) Arcade Cabinet?

Also, are the carts easy to switch? (aka like an N64) because it will probably be used as a home system and people would probably like borrowing the NAOMI and most of the conventions I visit like the fact that I always bring arcade style games.

Also, are the Cab's easy to hook up to PC's as they use VGA and USB, etc? and how easy is it to hook up the USB control panels to a PC? I am good at writing drivers also, and I would like to make it into a multicab...

Also, how upgradeable are they?

^_^ I have lots of questions, and I can also help out you guys with other types of systems too...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi Dude.

Can't give you a price for the systems, maybe someone more local to you can advise on prices (although ebay would be a good starting point)

As for the system itself. Games are either carts or on GD-ROM. Carts are simply plug & play like a home console. GD's are a little more involved, as you have to put a memory board into the cart slot & put a security chip into this DIMM board (game specific chips) and then change the GD disc in the drive.

It's not difficult at all.

OK, the monitor in the cab should be OK to just connect to a PC's graphics card. The system does not use USB, just a USB port (presumably for cost purposes). The control panel terminates in pins in special plugs. These plugs are then connected to an I/O device which turns the button presses into a signal understood by the Naomi & transmits this via the USB cable.

Hope that helps for now
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

USB I/O...

So It must use the Maple Bus on a Universal Serial Bus...

TO THE NOTEPAD!!!

^_^