New Gdroms Inserts online !

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

more!more!more!

since those inserts showed up, I really want to case the rest of the titles I have at home, so I started on a couple of these; namely, Melty Blood & GGXX Reload for now, but I want to alter the CVS2 one, to where it has the same spine, as well as GD-info on the back, like the 3 shooters do. Once I'm done, are you the one I PM them to, for approval, Gilles? Or should I just post em low-res here?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

maxchainsplendid wrote:more!more!more!

since those inserts showed up, I really want to case the rest of the titles I have at home, so I started on a couple of these; namely, Melty Blood & GGXX Reload for now, but I want to alter the CVS2 one, to where it has the same spine, as well as GD-info on the back, like the 3 shooters do. Once I'm done, are you the one I PM them to, for approval, Gilles? Or should I just post em low-res here?

Well you can post them on this topic, i will add them to the site.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

damn i missed that thread !!

great thing i'll try to make some insert fot the fighting game ^^
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I don't know why I'm no more notified for replies... :smt017

Yes, inserts are for standard DVD cases, because standard GD-ROM cases don't allow to put them. (if exist, please let me know and I'll increase covers size)

I will try do make a cover tomorrow.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:Remember you need new GD-ROM cases to make em look bling.

http://triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/seg ... ockid=1512

http://triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/seg ... ockid=1513

:smt020 :smt019

Andy,

Do your cases have an outside insert slip? Something to slide the GDrom inserts into (like a DVD case)?

Thanks,

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Orrimarrko wrote:
Do your cases have an outside insert slip? Something to slide the GDrom inserts into (like a DVD case)?
I think... no... :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Have any of you heard of http://www.thecoverproject.net/ ?

Its great for home console libraries, but I think it would be nicer to have a Naomi section on there too.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I click on that link and it doesn't bring up any cases? Also I have some nice cover art for GD-rom cases I've downloaded and there is no spot for them in the original GD-rom case. Do you just put the GD-roms in a regular DVD case and keep the security chip somewhere else?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Bay78 wrote:I click on that link and it doesn't bring up any cases? Also I have some nice cover art for GD-rom cases I've downloaded and there is no spot for them in the original GD-rom case. Do you just put the GD-roms in a regular DVD case and keep the security chip somewhere else?

Actually, there are two options, in my opinion.

I'm VERY interested in this, because I love nice looking cases with inserts, as well as the ability to quickly identify which game it is.

Option 1. If there is enough interest, identify a company that can make the GDrom cases "as-is", with an outer slipcover for inserts. If the order was of sufficient volume, I would have to believe the per unit cost wouldn't be that high. If there were enough people in on the order, it should be pretty cheap.

Print of the inserts and like a dvd case, slip them in the insert cover. Done.

Option 2. Take the high res insert images to a place that can print them on adhesive paper in three parts (front, back and spine) and you can adhere them to the cases.

I recommend three parts rather than one, because when you open the case, you need that flexibility in the hinges. I think you'd end up ruining or distoring the art if you just had one large sticker for the entire case.

Anyway, I'd love a template for the inserts if anyone has one. I'd be happy to make some designs if I had some images and the template.

Steve
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »