Naomi Language Settings

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Naomi Language Settings

Post by OldFoo »

I'm looking to invest in a Naomi system. probably the Naomi 2 w/ a gd rom setup. I was wondering how the language in the games are set. Are they set by the Bios or the cartridge/cd? I'm looking to getting Melty Blood. Thanks
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Melty Blood is a Japanese game only. It will not run in english nor will it run under any other bios than JPN. Also, there is no 'language setting' per say. There is only BIOS region coding. If you have a Naomi without the JPN bios, you can either re-write the chip you have, or get the JPN bios and swap the chips.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Why I haven't read this post ... :smt010

I've just received Melty blood and with my EXP Bios, it's not working :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

DoMiNiOn wrote:Why I haven't read this post ... :smt010

I've just received Melty blood and with my EXP Bios, it's not working :smt009
Sorry to hear that. AndyGeezer sells them in the Europe area. So, if you need one, you might want to ask him. :smt045
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, Melty Blood is JAP only. But what if I get a game that has an english version also? What language will a japanese Beach Spikers play in, if I run it with the export bios? Or will it run at all?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

finngamer wrote:Ok, Melty Blood is Jpn only. But what if I get a game that has an english version also? What language will a japanese Beach Spikers play in, if I run it with the export bios? Or will it run at all?

English, most games are World releases, and will play with either Export, USA, Japan, Australia and Korea BIOS.