help setting up for Cosmic Smash?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

help setting up for Cosmic Smash?

Post by OldFoo »

Ok, I've managed to get my hands on one of my highest wanted arcade games, Cosmic Smash. However, I have no Naomi mobo to play it on. I suppose what I need is a Naomi setup. Here's what I have, tell me what I need and how much it'll cost me please?

Have:

Taito Egret 1 JAMMA Cab

Cosmic Smash cart

I assume I'll need the following:

Naomi mobo

Naomi JAMMA I/O board

I'm not sure what else I'll need though, and I'm considering the possibility of adding a GD-Rom later as well. Anyone know what this'll cost me and what I need?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

if you use a sega i/o jvs/jamma interface then you will need another power supply,a sound board,supply(transformer) to sound board plus cables

if you get a capcom jvs/jamma interface then i am pretty sure you don't need to get anything else except vga cable and audio cable( i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong)

if you want to add a gdrom you will need a gdrom,dimm cartridge,scsi2 cable and wire a 12v/com/+5 to the gdrom drive

andy at www.segashed.co.uk probably has everything you need and the expertise to help,otherwise you can keep an eye open on ebay

costs can vary on this stuff and the prices for both gdrom and dimm have increased quite a lot recently