Yeah, I've done gone crazy

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Yeah, I've done gone crazy

Post by OldFoo »

Yep...

Machine is good, but lots of burn on the projector, and probably can make one nice tambourine out of the pair, since they are both pretty rough. Once I understand the sensors (I can't find a manual online) I'm going to probably make a 1P control panel and move it into a 29" Uni for practicality. The cabinet is cool, but not take up half my garage cool. The marquee is here but not attached to the cabinet right now. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was 2001 Power Up! edition.

If anyone has a URL for a manual (we have JPN language skills in the house) let me know so I can figure this beast out.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Great find! I've seen those tamborines on Yahoo Japan (arcade parts section) before. I'm sure you could restore it in the original cab if you had the room. Isn't there some IR sensors involved in the game (which means you it requies this cab)? You could probably even make the cabinet compatible to also play Samba De Amigo!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It didn't even dawn on me, the IR on the sides of the monitor, I thought they were just mounts for the artwork that the cabinet would typically have. I ignored them completely...*slap forehead*

I'll have to start cruising the parts section and see what I can dig up, and putz with what I obviously know are the transmitters now and see what I can find.

Thanks for the mental boost :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Dont canibalise it!!!

awesome cab btw :smt020
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

nice cab,

my japanese is zero - what's it called?

maybe i can find a manual - i'm good at finding manuals :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's called Shakka to Tambourine.<---Look here

**In Japanese, 'to' is said like tow (not '2'), but without the enlongated 'w' sound.**
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Amazing find man, where on earth did it come from? :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Minnesota. There was a guy there with a lot of very, very odd deluxe games he brought back from Japan a few years ago. He had a Keyboardmania 3rd Mix, some odd stand-up comedy game where the interface was a life-sized dummy that you punch in different parts of his body, and other oddness. I had to pay to ship it, but it was more reasonable than I thought (about $350 shipping to get it to my garage in Michigan from his garage).

I have since disassembled the controllers and made one working, servicable tambourine (still missing one spring, so switch tension is holding up the right side of the slap sensor on the controller). I could definitely use a few more controllers, so I'll be combing YJ. The other one probably has no working parts left.

The controller has clangers embedded in it for real tambourine feel! It really is quite groovy. The audio on the 50" sega cab is pretty spectacular too.

My wife is a japanese speaker but we still can't find a PDF version of the manual. I am very curious about parts availability as new, the tambourines in fresh condition would definitely add to the experience of playing.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

danox574 wrote:some odd stand-up comedy game where the interface was a life-sized dummy that you punch in different parts of his body, and other oddness.

Do you remember what the name of that game was? I wonder if he had Boong-Ga Boong-Ga. :D

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Dave_K. wrote:
danox574 wrote:some odd stand-up comedy game where the interface was a life-sized dummy that you punch in different parts of his body, and other oddness.

Do you remember what the name of that game was? I wonder if he had Boong-Ga Boong-Ga. :D

Ass-shafting now available in the shed..

fook that is my other shed.. :smt030