A Good Rotate-able Monitor?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

A Good Rotate-able Monitor?

Post by OldFoo »

Hi guys. Any recommendation for a good rotate-able monitor? Need one so that I can easily switch between horizontal and vertical games. One that has dual DVI and VGA input will be best so I can use it for my computer at the same time.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

If I'm not mistaken, the option for monitor rotation is on the cabinet, not the monitor itself. :smt045
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I don't have a cabinet and I am playing on an ordinary monitor. I know there are monitors that can be tilted 90 which will be very convenient. Besides, with those you can play vertical games on MAME and such
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I didn't think all monitors allow you to change from Horizontal to Vertical display.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Many LCD monitors have the ability to rotate. They swivel/rotate on the monitor's stand physically (ie. rotate with your hand). There are plenty of HP monitors that do this and is what I use for this purpose. Most LCD's can be removed from their stands and placed on a rotating stand because they use a standard mounting footprint. Search online for HP 1730 or HP 1704 to get an idea.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yes that's exactly what I want and I know there are many. Any other recommendations? What is the one that you use?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm currently using the 1704, but any of this type will do. There's not all that much of a difference between them.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Putting a 20 inch flat screen trinintron on its side looks amazing.

I do this to play Shmups for ps2 and Dreamcast at my families vacation home.