Options for Console Universal NAOMI

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Bob, contact Laurie on Killercabs.com forum, he makes custom sticks and is on about doing 2p Astro sticks, maybe you and him can work something out as he is going to be makng enclosures from wood.

his work is quite good to say the least, http://www.killercabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3939

your idea sounds spot on - if you have a NON JAMMA I/O - but the PSU wouldn't be upto the job as it is only standard JAMMA so theres no 3.3v, however, Sanwa make JVS PSU's namely the Sanwa SWN-JVS, same shape as the BM's PSU, but as its JVS, you could power the Non JAMMA I/O and any Naomi motherboard setup :smt020 I once planned what you suggested but never got around to doing it, simply because i dont have a NON JAMMA I/O.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm actually in the process of making just what you're wanting. :D

I should be done in a few days, but I still need either a JVS wiring harness or just the square molex connectors.

My plan is to use a 25 pin printer cable for the 23 buttons needed for a 2 player street fighter layout. Then use a 15 pin vga cable for the digital connections. Of course, those cable would run to a supergun box which includes the Naomi I/O.

If anybody has the wiring harness for a JVS machine (digital and analog connectors) let me know please!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

gamejunkie wrote:I'm actually in the process of making just what you're wanting. :D

I should be done in a few days, but I still need either a JVS wiring harness or just the square molex connectors.

My plan is to use a 25 pin printer cable for the 23 buttons needed for a 2 player street fighter layout. Then use a 15 pin vga cable for the digital connections. Of course, those cable would run to a supergun box which includes the Naomi I/O.

If anybody has the wiring harness for a JVS machine (digital and analog connectors) let me know please!

Please post pictures. :smt006

I would be very interested in a console type setup. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

SkiDog wrote:
gamejunkie wrote:I'm actually in the process of making just what you're wanting. :D

Please post pictures. :smt006

I would be very interested in a console type setup. :D

Will do! I finished the top panel last night and I'll be working on assembling the sides and bottom tonight. I don't want to spoil the surprise until I've finished, so no pictures yet. :D