gd rom compatibility check

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

gd rom compatibility check

Post by OldFoo »

hey, all.

ive got a naomi with the US bios and one with im not sure (its labeled epr-21577D.)

i just want to know if my capcom vs snk pro and ggxx reload gds will work with the us bios or if i should get the japanese one.

cvspro has english text on the disc and ggxxr is japanese.

maybe this is a stupid question but ive only ever played my power stone cart before. ;o

id check it myself obviously but my dimm is out for repair at the moment, and im wondering if i should get a japanese bios while im waiting.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

This question has been addressed in the FAQ section.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

no it hasnt.

neither of my games are on the list, and my question as to how to tell the region of a gd is unanswered too.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well I had a GGXX Reload and would not load on my US BIOS Naomi's, if that helps??!??!?!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Try looking here: BIOS List
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

brumma wrote:Try looking here: BIOS List

Speaking of which, I just found out Chaos Field is JPN only. Not sure if someone can update that list.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

you should try looking there. :smt011 ggxx #reload isnt on the list. which is why i made a thread. i already looked at the list before posting.

englishman_in_plantcity wrote:well I had a GGXX Reload and would not load on my US BIOS Naomi's, if that helps??!??!?!
yes thats exactly what i wanted to know.

thanks!

do naomi carts/gdroms have "regions" like consoles, or does it not matter whats printed on the cart/gd?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

notsonic wrote:

you should try looking there. :smt011 ggxx #reload isnt on the list. which is why I made a thread. I already looked at the list before posting.

Yeah, but your Capcom vs. SNK Pro is listed, so don't get snippy. Considering your grand total of 5 posts, you should be a little more pleasant when you're asking for help.
OldFoo

Re: gd rom compatibility check

Post by OldFoo »

notsonic wrote:maybe this is a stupid question

Yeah, it is. And this has been covered before: http://www.sega-naomi.com/forum/viewtop ... ear+reload. Try using the search function next time.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The region coding of games is not written on the discs or carts themselves. It's more a trial-and-error scenario or asking someone who has the game. Some games are more obvious, such as having Japanese lettering on the label would most likely mean that it's JPN only.

That being said, all games have some kind of region coding just like DVD's. Some are coded 'Everywhere', some are locked to a specific region code. While some games have JPN only, I've never seen US only or UK only. So most games are pretty safe, but the more recent GGX games are JPN only.