Newbie just got a Virtua tennis cabinet

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's alright. I just pushed the cable into the connectors firmly and it's fine now.

Also drilled out the coin door and found treasure. hehe I got a bunch of tokens from the place the arcade came from AND screwdrivers to take off the marquee. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've been looking for a manual for this arcade but nothing, maybe you guys mihgt know the pinouts for these connectors and also where can I buy these molexes?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have an original manual if you want one? also when you mean the molex connectors, the ones for the control panel to JVS harness? I will have a lot of those in this week I ordered numerous sets for my projects, as I have these cabinets and love them, also OT but anyone reading this, I am looking for Blast City parts, cabinet trim, artwork....anyone? PM if you need manual/connectors
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm looking for pinouts and molexes for these connectors

Last edited by OldFoo on Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yeah I have those, you would need 2 x 12 pins connectors for Player 1 & Player 2, and then 1 x 9pin connector for the extra buttons needed to complete a 6 button setup for use wth MvC2 etc, What CP are you planning on using?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

A fighting panel. Does manual have the pinouts?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I will include the pinouts to help you, as I am making a Harness setup for someone else (Jeff) so will be no trouble at all if you wanted the parts
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Finally got the cabinet running with a game. It's not virtua tennis (no security chip), one of my friends from work hooked me up with virtua golf. Panel and gdrom set for 25 bucks, instead of posting pic after pic I decided to make a small video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfmI-CN70QE

enjoy and thanks englishman_in_plantcity for the Dimm board :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So, this must mean that the original cart was the problem? :smt107
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

When I first bought it didn't come with any games and the dimm board wasn't in the machine only the top cover of the dimm board was there. I find out that the auctioneer's tech removed to put it in another cabinet and burnt it out. So he removed the top cover and thru it in my cabinet. :smt012

After I took it home I went to help my buddy faustus with his cabinets and his friend and him got lucky and picked up a virtua golf panel and game. Also he picked up the virtua tennis game but with no security chip. I believe it's still on that burnt dimm board. ( we are in the process in tracking down that burnt board we think it might be in a lot that the auction sold that had a bunch of boards. Faustus knows the guy who bought that lot.)

Thanks to mick I got a new dimm board and I'm now running the virtua gold game on the cab. :D

Next will be getting a 6 button panel and snk vs capcom 2 :smt004