Newbie just got a Virtua tennis cabinet

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

25 bucks for Virtua golf gd & panel is quiet a nice price :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ok thats weird I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone then suddenly I feel electricity on the bolts around the control panel. Not on the bolts on the panel the big bolts around it. Do you think if I ground one of the bolts it'll take care of all of them:smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

thebutcherjb wrote:ok thats weird I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone then suddenly I feel electricity on the bolts around the control panel. Not on the bolts on the panel the big bolts around it. Do you think if I ground one of the bolts it'll take care of all of them:smt017

No, you'd need to ground your power supply properly. Sounds like you have a 2 prong power cord. Best advice is to not talk on the phone while playing your cab. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

no it's a 3 prong cord and I'm grounding it to earth ground
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have the same problem on one of my uni even without using the phone. It does happen from time to time, not each time i play. Weird.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I think I found out why, the room that the cab is in has only one wall that has the earth ground wired up to the plugs. So it looks like I'm gonna have to figure out how to wire these other wall plugs with earth ground :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hey does this monitor need a transformer? I'm hearing it doesn't
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

it should have a built in transformer on the base of the chassis. but the chassis should be grounded, normally a green cable attached to the side of the chassis, near where the power plug is
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Did some changes to the cabinet. If you want to take a look check out my youtube area.

http://www.youtube.com/user/thebutcherjb