Newbie just got a Virtua tennis cabinet

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Do you know where I can get a Blast city or astro city fighting panel for it?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

well I bought a brand new one from Neo Amusements in Japan for $250 inc shipping and that was complete with Sanwa Joysticks, buttons and harness etc, I got from another member on here a couple of panels but they were not 6 button, but 4, I might have a spare Blast City one soon, depending on my plans, I will let you know
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

cool let me know.

Also I got it to degauss, but there is a problem the menu for the monitor settings isn't showing everything and because of that I can't fix the colors. I put a pic up to show u. I tried everything but I can't figure out how to raise the menu screen up.

and yes I tried the horizontol setting. it didn't work also I did find some info on this monitor

http://wellsgardner.com/pdf/Schematics/ ... matics.pdf

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I did that the menu screen is still cut off
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I looked at the diagram you posted and noticed that there are manual controls you might use to make adjustments beyond the digital controls. I would try and adjust these.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

from memory I think if you hold buttons 1 and 3 on the remote board, you can get into the factory settings, which have more options than the normal options, it could be the OSD (on screen display) is set to low or the height of the screen just needs adjusting, if you cannot decrease the height of the screen via the remote board, then there is a problem with the monitor and possibly a bad chip or something, the D9200 is a very good monitor when working 100% but if you get a problem it gets expensive and can be a pain! if you are missing a color then could be one of the guns in the tube not firing? keep us posted
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Tried factory setting mode. It did have an osd mode but it didn't do anything :smt012
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

and to state the obvious you have tried adjusting the vert and horz heights, do they move at all? can you bring the picture in smaller? does the slider go all the way back to 00 and cause an effect at all? let us know
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Woohoo. ok good news and bad news. Bad news is I still can't get the osd to view correctly.:smt012 BUT the good news is I fixed the color issue. I was messing around by pulling on the ribbon cable on the controlsfor the monitor and the color flickered..sooo I checked the bundle of wire on the monitor. wiggled a bit and BAM full beautiful color. :D I guess theres a loose connection somewhere, Is there any place I can get these cables. :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

which cable? picture please? I can then ask my tech guy if he has a spare