Need some info

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Need some info

Post by OldFoo »

Hi, I'm new here but i love naomi.

I just wanted some info about home made cabinet for racing game, and how did you setup such system?

If some one could post some pics and technical info about the system ;)

Thx for your answer guys.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hi there!

I've been on these forums for a good while now and I don't think anyone here has a home made driving cabinet. At least, not from scratch. Most driving cabs are originals or conversions that were purchased from somewhere or someone. I've seen a website or two that sells a racing cab 'kit', where they sell you pre-cut wooden pieces and you put it together at home (if this is what you had in mind).

Generally speaking, however, driving games use mostly the same connections and hardware, with some exceptions. For example, InitialD and Crazy Taxi are two well known games for the Naomi system. But they are wired quite differently as Initial D can use force feedback on the steering while Crazy Taxi does not support this feature. Also, InitialD is a Naomi2 only system. On the flip side, if you take out all of the feedback electronics, the same steering setup can be used on both games with no problem. So, to answer the question of 'how to setup' depends on which game is in question. :smt109
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually I think Crazy Taxi can support force feedback, undocumented feature which I going to prove if it exists or not.

It will not be on the same drive board as Initial D though..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

That should be interesting. And if read the manual, it says the game is supposed to check the wheel at startup. But I don't remember seeing a wheel test or related tasks in the game's test menu like you see in InitialD, so I wonder how this would work. The wiring diagram doesn't help either. :smt012

Do you have a Crazy Taxi cart to test/experiment with? :smt047