Sega I/O

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Sega I/O

Post by OldFoo »

Anyone know what they're worth? I know they're ultra rare. Ballpark figure?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'm an idiot. I meant the ver. 2 I/O. The one in the black case.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You mean the JAMMA convertor right?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The 2.0 version goes around the $200 range. There was one on ebay last week. Too bad you didn't ask earlier. :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Flazh, a converter, I/O, I/O JAMMA converter are all the same, just so you know. It's slang. I was just curious about the price of a ver. 2. I won that auction. I was wondering if I got a good deal or not. Isn't $200 about the same price as a Capcom I/O or are they more in the $150-$200 range?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

warmeister wrote:Flazh, a converter, I/O, I/O JAMMA converter are all the same, just so you know. It's slang.

Well, when people say I/O to do with Naomi gear, they generally mean the one in the Uni cabs. A converter can be anything (e.g. cga to VGA, JAMMA to JVS, JVS to JAMMA and so on).

What you have is a JVS to JAMMA I/O. It does help if you clarify exactly what part you mean.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yep they are not the same mate,many different versions of jvs i/o for many different applications
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Technically speaking, 'I/O' is just an abbreviation of 'input/output'. The original Naomi I/O was not a converter, but a pcb for all inputs and even worked as a light switch (blinking lights, etc). It became a 'converter' when it was re-worked as a jamma interface.