My first Naomi Universal Cabinet

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

My first Naomi Universal Cabinet

Post by OldFoo »

Dear all,

I recently bought a Naomi Universal Cabinet with the Virtua Tennis 2 Cart on it. I payed EUR 325 (or USD 440) for the Cabinet ink. the game. What do you think, was that a fair price? The Cabinet is quiet dirty so I wanted to clean it up. Do you know what's the best way to clean the Cabinet?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Milenko
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Good deal :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

wow, that was a quick answer.

Really? Yout think that I did a good deal?

any idea about how to clean up the cabinet?

the cabinet has some scratches, is there a way to take them away?

Thanks for your really quick answer :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'd say VT2 cart is about 200? on its own
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Really??? 200 EUR?? Incredible. Thanks for that information that makes me kinda happy! :)

I thought Virtua Tennis 2 wouldn't be so expansive since I saw some prices for VIrtua Tennis 1 at ebay and there the price was aproximate 50-70 EUR.

How much would the marvel vs capcom 2 cart cost?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

more or less same stuff, 200?

But careful some toasted roms are floating on ebay etc. Better buy from a known seller here.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

There's no real 'special' method for cleaning a cab. All you need is a vacuum, some clean rags, cleaning alcohol for anything like glass or clear plastic and an appropriate cleaner for any grease or gunk that may be present.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for your hints.

I tried to clean some Burning holes with a lacquer remover (the ones which girls use for their nails). now ther surface is a little bit rough, and not so shiny anymore. Can I apply some lacquer on the surface?

Is there a way to get the burning holes away?

You see I'm really a noob... ;)

Another question. what about the resolution. Can I change the resolution of the display by myself, or does the system do it automatically? Is Virtua Tennis 2 displayed in High resolution?

I'm sorry for my questions. I really have no Idea, but I'm so happy that I own a NAomi now :smt005
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Since you have a Naomi Universal, it should already be in hi-res mode (640x480). To confirm this, check that all 4 Naomi DIP switches are off. Remember to switch these while the power is off or you will not see any changes.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

milenko wrote:Thanks for your hints.

I tried to clean some Burning holes with a lacquer remover (the ones which girls use for their nails). now ther surface is a little bit rough, and not so shiny anymore. Can I apply some lacquer on the surface?

Is there a way to get the burning holes away?

You see I'm really a noob... ;)

Another question. what about the resolution. Can I change the resolution of the display by myself, or does the system do it automatically? Is Virtua Tennis 2 displayed in High resolution?

I'm sorry for my questions. I really have no Idea, but I'm so happy that I own a NAomi now :smt005

Congrats on owning a Naomi cab, these are one of the best cabinets out there.

Your cabinet should be fitted with a Sanwa 31ES 31K monitor, but they can be converted to 15/25/31K autoswitching monitors by replacing the chassis.

I do have Marvel Vs Capcom 2 carts at the shed, also have a complete Naomi mobo with MVC2 fully unlocked (all chars).

I also sell many parts/spares for Naomi cabs.