Radirgy Noah is a Sega Naomi cart

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Re: Radirgy Noah is a Sega Naomi cart

Post by OldFoo »

d wrote:
finngamer wrote:
d wrote:Well, may they burn in hell then. That is the dumbest thing ever.

Pretty standard, nothing new there. Ever heard of Giga Wing, Mars Matrix or Radiant Silvergun?
Yes and they all suck!

Did you ever see a horizontal scroller on a vertical screen?

Just think about that for a minute!

How about 'Scramble' - one of the most influential horizontal shooters ever...
OldFoo

Re: Radirgy Noah is a Sega Naomi cart

Post by OldFoo »

d wrote:
finngamer wrote:
d wrote:Well, may they burn in hell then. That is the dumbest thing ever.

Pretty standard, nothing new there. Ever heard of Giga Wing, Mars Matrix or Radiant Silvergun?
Yes and they all suck!

Did you ever see a horizontal scroller on a vertical screen?

Just think about that for a minute!

Many vertical shooters allow you to scroll the screen left or right (like DoDonPachi). This makes the playing field the same size as with Gigawing or Radiant Silvergun, just graphically a bit different.

This doesn't change the game radically, it's just a bit different. Certainly it doesn't spoil the game before you've even seen it.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

http://www.fevereon.com/turnto/vert.html

I bet you guys would really enjoy playing a weird r-type game on a vert monitor.

they make vert scrollers on hori screen because it will be easier for operators who have horizontal screens. Apart from that it makes no goddamn sense whatsoever. I have a dislike for things that make no sense whatsoever. I hate rs. it would be a little better if they made it for a vert screen. Ikaruga was suppose to be that, but ended up sucking tenfold. I might be one of the few people who hate that it was released for a hori screen, that's no problem :smt020

Still cool anything naomi is coming out
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

d wrote:http://www.fevereon.com/turnto/vert.html

I bet you guys would really enjoy playing a weird r-type game on a vert monitor.

they make vert scrollers on hori screen because it will be easier for operators who have horizontal screens. Apart from that it makes no goddamn sense whatsoever. I have a dislike for things that make no sense whatsoever. I hate rs. it would be a little better if they made it for a vert screen. Ikaruga was suppose to be that, but ended up sucking tenfold. I might be one of the few people who hate that it was released for a hori screen, that's no problem :smt020

Still cool anything naomi is coming out

I like all kinds of shmups

Especially Naomi ones!