Does anyone own an Inital D cabinet with card reader????

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

susmab wrote:Thanks Pete, but I was talking about upright cabs, and ALLPRO has exactly the same setup as me (Jambo! Safari upright running Initial D).

hello friend.

now the cab is completely open for testing ..

I thought of creating a lateral support, my idea is to put it behind or under the bench seat
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ALLPRO wrote:
hello friend.

I thought of creating a lateral support, my idea is to put it behind or under the bench seat
Hey there.

I never thought about putting it around the bench, it might look good though.

I don't have the metal case surrounding my card reader, so I'm more thinking about integrating it into the cab. My first guess was just under the screen, in order to insert the card between the two speakers. Sadly there's not enough room, unless I make some modifications...

Let's see what we can come over with !
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

susmab wrote:
ALLPRO wrote:
hello friend.

Hey there.

I never thought about putting it around the bench, it might look good though.

I don't have the metal case surrounding my card reader, so I'm more thinking about integrating it into the cab. My first guess was just under the screen, in order to insert the card between the two speakers. Sadly there's not enough room, unless I make some modifications...

Let's see what we can come over with !

there's the steering wheel ... :smt014
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have a question about the card reader. When I first boot my ID2 the card reader (either of the two I have) will run (lift up/down near the front, where the little optic is) at a rate of about once per second. After the game boots it gives a card IO error and won't continue.

What I have to do to play is unplug the card reader, go into the test menu and exit (so the game boots again), then plug up the reader. The reader reads, writes, prints just fine (both of them). Not sure what is going on with the booting.

Does this sound like a card reader problem, a problem somewhere else? Does anyone know enough about the card reader system to give me some tips to try, parts to clean/replace, etc.?

Thanks!!

Arcadenut
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Both of my card readers do this. And both of them work correctly after I disconnect them and restart the Naomi setup. Any ideas on what's going on? I could REALLY use some help with this.

Thanks!

Arcadenut
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

yea mine do that sometimes as well i think its a bad connection or bad wire i unplug jiggle the wire and replug it works till someone gets rough with the game and jults it around,i think its the earth wire on mine.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

rotate wrote:yea mine do that sometimes as well I think its a bad connection or bad wire I unplug jiggle the wire and replug it works till someone gets rough with the game and jults it around,I think its the earth wire on mine.

You know I've just about come to the same conclusion with mine. The other day while it was doing that constant movement thing, I reached for the connector and barely touched it, and the problem stopped and the game booted past the card reader check. I'll check out those harnesses in detail and try bypassing some of them, and see if that does the trick.

Thanks!

Arcadenut
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ALLPRO wrote:
susmab wrote:Thanks Pete, but I was talking about upright cabs, and ALLPRO has exactly the same setup as me (Jambo! Safari upright running Initial D).

hello friend.

Any picture of this cabinet??

Couldnt you sort of mold the card reader that Tekken/Virtua Striker use into the dash some how???