Widescreen Naomi Universal Upright.

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Widescreen Naomi Universal Upright.

Post by OldFoo »

I'm new to this forum, but not new to arcade gaming. I've had my Naomi for a while now so I've "upgraded" it. I want to know if there are available bezels or kits for mounting a Widesscreen LCD monitor into the cab and to have it look like it fits properly.I've wired the Control Panel to my x360. I think a 26" widescreen would be about the right size to fit. I'll be playing tekken 6, Super SF4 and Virtua fighter 5. I had it going through the Sanwa monitor that it came with but thats gone now so I'm thinking I want to go modern and Widescreen now as I've gone to the trouble of wiring a 360 up to it ( I have kept all the Naomi wiring intact so it's just a quick changeover back to Naomi in the future.).

I saw somewhere else a picture of two naomi's linked with SF4 running but couldn't tell if they had widescreen monitors. I don't really like the look of SF4 or Tekken 6 in 4:3 mode as Tekken6 gives you borders and SF4 re-adjusts for 4:3 and the characters look too small. I already have another set-up for older games so I'm not worried about being able to play 15khz games on my naomi anymore.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Tom
OldFoo

Re: Widescreen Naomi Universal Upright.

Post by OldFoo »

Truepace wrote:I'm new to this forum, but not new to arcade gaming. I've had my Naomi for a while now so I've "upgraded" it. I want to know if there are available bezels or kits for mounting a Widesscreen LCD monitor into the cab and to have it look like it fits properly.I've wired the Control Panel to my x360. I think a 26" widescreen would be about the right size to fit. I'll be playing tekken 6, Super SF4 and Virtua fighter 5. I had it going through the Sanwa monitor that it came with but thats gone now so I'm thinking I want to go modern and Widescreen now as I've gone to the trouble of wiring a 360 up to it ( I have kept all the Naomi wiring intact so it's just a quick changeover back to Naomi in the future.).

I saw somewhere else a picture of two naomi's linked with SF4 running but couldn't tell if they had widescreen monitors. I don't really like the look of SF4 or Tekken 6 in 4:3 mode as Tekken6 gives you borders and SF4 re-adjusts for 4:3 and the characters look too small. I already have another set-up for older games so I'm not worried about being able to play 15khz games on my naomi anymore.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Tom

Buying a 26" LCD and mounting isn't so much a problem, it's the bezel that is problematic. :(

I've seen in some countries they bolt a complete encased LCD to the Naomi!!
OldFoo

Naomi Universal Cabinet Virtua Tennis 3

Post by OldFoo »

Hi,

I Bought recently a Naomi Universal Cabinet with Virtua Tennis 3.

The monitor was a Sanwa 29PFX with severe screen burning.

After checking prices of a new CRT, i decided to go to a TFT LCD.

I bought an LG 26LE3300 with led backligting, and i feets exactly on the Naomi Cabinet.

I made an structure for mounting it, using 50mm by 4 mm aluminium bar plates.

Here are some pictures of my cabinet with the LG Monitor already mounted:

It put a tempered glass behing the bezel and it looks very well.

This TFT LCD is a very good choice, because has direct HDMI, VGA, Composite and video componentes inputs.

You can select the video input and it memorice it, so when you turn on the machine the monitor boots with the correct input configuration.

Price is around 400 Euros and is a very good option.

King Regards

Android
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thanks for your replies guys. Android, thanks for the pictures. could you possibly show a pic of the mount that you made for the LCD?

It does look like the way to go. I will fit a black plastic strip above the monitor to fill the gap above. My Naomi is black and the LCD TV is black so it should look pretty cool.

Innit ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

:) That looks AWESOME! You should post some pics of how you mounted it in there. It would be very helpful one day forsure.
aobama52

The acquaint of golf clubs

Post by aobama52 »

The acquaint of golf clubs

Are yet to accession the acquaint of golf clubs that fits you during the acquirements stage. The adequate best is to alpha with arrangement ping g15 irons

acclimated golf clubs. And achievement are some guidelines to admonition you to coursing down your ancient acclimated golf club set: Garcia best up three added on the entering nine including one at the third, his 12th breach for the ping g15 irons for slae

round, with a 15m putt from off the green. who went from brief baton to about missing the cut afterwards a abhorrence annular of 80 which included two amateur bogeys. Amazingly, he looked set for the weekend off afore three birdies in his endure four holes.