Zombie Revenge - Analog sticks required?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Zombie Revenge - Analog sticks required?

Post by OldFoo »

I saw in Steve's thread that his analog joystick control panel could be used for Zombie Revenge. I'm wondering if analog controls are required for Zombie Revenge, or if standard 8-way joysticks could be used for it instead.

Please let me know, as I'm hoping to get a mobo soon, and that's one of the games I most want assuming I can use it with the CP I have coming on my cab.

Thanks

Collin
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I am almost sure its switchable in the test menu.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Both digital and analogue sticks can be used to play the game. Selectable in the game's test menu.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cheers for the confirmation, its been a while ;)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Awesome, thanks a ton guys! That's probably the game i'm most excited about for the system (though, I do have a mobo with MVC2 on the way - I'm stoked to play that one!)

If I'm getting a US-region mobo, it'll only play US carts unless I get a JP bios to swap in, right? So if I want to play both Japanese and US games, the most sensible thing to do would likely be to have two motherboards, one with a JP bios and one with a US, correct?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

With a JAP BIOS games plays in JAP, with an US BIOS games plays in English :) Some games require a different BIOS revision to play.

My MvC2 and Zombie Revenge plays with JAP or US BIOS. With US BIOS you got EXP in MvC2, with JAP you don't.

I also play Zombie Revenge without analog sticks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

A nice extra when using a US bios is red blood instead of green with JP bios.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Are you sure about the US is red blood? I thought the jap is red, but I could be wrong....
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

US is red, Dunno if it's set by default. JP is green for sure.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Wow, you guys are an absolute wealth of info on the system!

So Naomi is relatively similar to STV, where some games will play on any BIOS and may change language based on BIOS, while some are region locked, eh?