Hello world!

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Hello world!

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all!

New to the forum and just wanted to stop through and say hello. Hope this is an okay spot to do it.

Heres me:

I recently picked up a big bad Heavy Metal NAOMI cab. Four button cp. Sharp image 27" monitor.

My goals are two: I want to fill this beast with some delicious MVC2 (surprise!), as well as being able to easily switch to MAME guts. I need to take it slow, both due to funds and the desire not to dick anything up.

Just thought I'd say hey. As I've looked for resources these last few days, it is here that I continually find the answers I'm looking for, so, i figured I'd introduce myself before driving you all crazy.

Sooo, Hi! Pleasure to make your acquaintance!

Wife's current disposal wish list:

SFIIce modest sized upright

Double axle upright MAME conversion (super jimmy rigged )

big ass NAOMI heavy metal cab
OldFoo

Err...

Post by OldFoo »

I'm not sure If I committed some faux pas in terms of forum etiquette, but does anyone have any idea where to go to ask some big ol mdf cab questions? My posts are getting views but no replies. I get it if no one knows then answers to my problems, but if I'm fishing in the wrong pond, could someone tell me where to better try my luck?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome to forums!

Sorry to hear that you haven't yet received a reply to your question, but you have not broken or stepped on some unspoken rule. A good majority of the members are collectors, so modification questions take a bit more time to be answered. Also, not everyone checks for messages everyday so give it a little time. :smt023
OldFoo

Sounds good...

Post by OldFoo »

Just making sure. Starting to feel a little invisible...I'll take it slow...
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Welcome :-) And no, you are not invisible ;-)

Like joshua3dg said, it may take some time for someone to chime in on the subject.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The massive blue cab you have isn't very popular on these boards, the smaller white cabs are much more prevalent. You might get more replies on klov.com forums, as they cover a larger variety of cabs there.
OldFoo

thanks

Post by OldFoo »

yeah, ive given it a shot, but im stuck in some sort of new member limbo, with post req. pre-approval for posting, and then only to a probationary forum. WTF? anyway, you guys have been plenty helpful so far...

thanks!