18 Wheeler resolution?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

18 Wheeler resolution?

Post by OldFoo »

Hello,

My 18 Wheeler chasis and monitor where damaged, I placed a new monitor into this machine, a 15khz/24 khz monitor I had on a Daytona machine not in use anymore.

i thought my 18 wheeler had a 24khz display resolution, (as I was misled by KLOV.com), however I get a split monitor and two images,( one ono the right and one on the left), so definetly something is wrong.

What is the correct resolution for this game?

my manual says to set dipswitches in naomi board to off, which means a 31khz resolution, however the original monitor was a 24khz monitor.

Really confused, can anyone help
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

18 Wheeler works fine with my 31K monitor.

Same as Crazy Taxi, initialD..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

18 Wheeler most definately runs at 31k, it's the resolution you should run it at.

You can switch your Naomi to 15k if you please but the picture will be a bit less good then 31k of course. I don't think the Naomi motherboard can run at 24k, are you sure your previous one was a 15-24k monitor??

Maybe you already know this, but if your chasis is not autoswitching, then changing the resolution on the Naomi motherboard might not be enough, you have to also set the correct Khz on the monitor itself.

To test, if you are certain you have a 15-24k monitor, then make sure your Naomi motherboard, as well as your monitor are switched to 15khz, this should definately work. This is the only way you can run naomi on a 15-24khz monitor, to my knowledge you can't switch naomi to 24khz (which is hardly used anyway)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

All correct.. Daytona USA is medium res (24 khz). The Naomi can only handle 15 and 31. Not sure if the Daytona monitor supports 15, but as jiggymf states: test :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:All correct.. Daytona USA is medium res (24 khz). The Naomi can only handle 15 and 31. Not sure if the Daytona monitor supports 15, but as jiggymf states: test :-)

yes a daytona monitor supports both 15-24khz normally (unless it's swapped to some after market non original weird monitor, of course).