we must get it for granted

Mav
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Maverick wrote:I see,

but I think that if this is the only way to play the game right now,

we must get it for granted

Mav

The only issue is the sun flare in a few scenes - it's not a biggie, not compared to the Chihiro dimm battery settings issue, which is a real PITA.

Basically on the Chihiro version you have to constantly setup the settings everytime on power up - if the dimm battery is bad.

Also on the Chihiro the feedback is really weak, and in the bonet/car view it disappears totally.

So this is the reason why most people like OR2 on Chihiro.. no version is perfect, but the Lindbergh one is a step in the right direction.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:Also on the Chihiro the feedback is really weak, and in the bonet/car view it disappears totally.

So this is the reason why most people like OR2 on Chihiro.. no version is perfect, but the Lindbergh one is a step in the right direction.

Exactly. I play OR2 on Chihiro because it has proper feedback in in-car view. OR2SP is the better game, imo, but I do not run that as much due to the lacking force feedback. A real pity.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Cageman wrote:
AndyGeezer wrote:Also on the Chihiro the feedback is really weak, and in the bonet/car view it disappears totally.

Exactly. I play OR2 on Chihiro because it has proper feedback in in-car view. OR2SP is the better game, imo, but I do not run that as much due to the lacking force feedback. A real pity.

I agree on whats been said here, the fact that the feedback on SP on Chihiro is too weak (and/or flaky as Andy stated) is a real shame and takes alot of the fun/arcade feel out of the game for me. The feedback doesn't work as it should on SP, iv'e played both versions on Chihiro extensively and as Cageman said, i also feel that SP is the better game in terms of variety, but i always find myself running outrun 2 instead because its works on the Chihiro as it should.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Would love to play Andy's OR2SP LE. Is the game running faster on Lindbergh or is it just the high energy music making a seem faster? ;) Would love to have a Lindbergh setup full stop! Need to save some pennies or wait until iD4 cabs are more affordable.. and available!

I don't really have a problem with the feedback on SP as I rarely choose the in-car view mode, but I do kinda miss the car jumping in the air when hitting traffic during a powerslide (as you get with OR2).

Would have been cool to have some of the beta features included in the released version too. Would like to have a dabble with that version one day. I particularly like the look of the birds eye view - would make for a totally different gameplay experience I imagine :smt004

I'm relieved the continue option was omitted though - don't like this in quick blast arcade racers like OutRun!

Are there any different features available in the standard Lind version of OR2SP SDX compared with Chihiro OR2SP?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

ID4 cabs :smt011
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jackalus wrote:I found this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA-O_BjA ... e=youtu.be

Yeah, he told me it's awesome, at least someone agree's with me.

Just a shame the Serial motor boards are so friggin' expensive.

Maybe he will pass it out, but who knows - at least more people will see it..
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So the question posses for us who haven't played the lind ver.

.. does the Lind version of OR2SP (other than using a higher res screen)

Have anything new to offer in terms of gameplay/different features?

I mean, as long as one could live with the Chihiro dimm battery problem and play the game outside car view ...Is it then worth the step up from Chihiro?

..I wish there was a perfect version :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Alukid wrote:So the question posses for us who haven't played the lind ver.

.. does the Lind version of OR2SP (other than using a higher res screen)

Have anything new to offer in terms of gameplay/different features?

I mean, as long as one could live with the Chihiro dimm battery problem and play the game outside car view ...Is it then worth the step up from Chihiro?

..I wish there was a perfect version :)

Only differences are

16:9 support for LCDs

Better feedback steering

Optional high res (840x480,1024x600,1280x768)

Optional different musical tracks

Quicker loading time

and

SDX player mode - i.e two steering wheels/two pedals - bit pointless though.