Outrun on Lindbergh?

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Outrun on Lindbergh?

Post by OldFoo »

I'm a big fan of Out run 2 and I've known it is available also on lindbergh hardware

anyone tried it?

Impressions?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

There're some Game System Info:

1.Out Run (1986)---SEGA Out Run Specialized MotherBoard

2.Turbo Out Run (1989)---SEGA Out Run Specialized MotherBoard

3.Out Runners (1992)---SEGA System Multi 32 MotherBoard

4.OutRun 2 (2003)---SEGA Chihiro MotherBoard(XBOX Architectural)

5.OutRun 2 SP (2004)---SEGA Chihiro MotherBoard(XBOX Architectural)

6.OutRun 2 SP SDX (2006)---SEGA Lindbergh Yellow (PC Architectural)

You may need OutRun SDX DVD+keychip and I/O Board,and during bootup it's will display the "forceback steering error",etc!!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Really, really cool.. watched those video's a little while ago.

Would love to have OR running on my Lind, although I quite enjoy SP on my Chihiro as well :-)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Great job otherwise except the 16:9 patch is bad as the sun is all messed up, unlike in the original version. I think the DispGlowFilter is not working at all.

:smt008
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Jackalus wrote:Great job otherwise except the 16:9 patch is bad as the sun is all messed up, unlike in the original version. I think the DispGlowFilter is not working at all.

:smt008

Actually considering it looks 100 times better than Chihiro, and the feedback bug is fixed.. I'd take it.. Actually I prefer the sun effect on this version as the shadows/reflections look more real - plus the sun is supposed to be bright..

Everyone that has played this will say it's awesome.. that includes people on this forum.. :smt005
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
Actually considering it looks 100 times better than Chihiro,

I Agree

AndyGeezer wrote:
Actually I prefer the sun effect on this version as the shadows/reflections look more real - plus the sun is supposed to be bright..

Hmm, so it is not a perfect port? As long as I uderstand reading the post of Jackalus something is missing on the lindbergh port, right?

Mav
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Indeed very good saw the Sega SPX at Thrope park yesterday & its looks a bit crap on such a big screen in low rez.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Maverick wrote:
AndyGeezer wrote:
Actually considering it looks 100 times better than Chihiro,

I Agree

AndyGeezer wrote:
Actually I prefer the sun effect on this version as the shadows/reflections look more real - plus the sun is supposed to be bright..

Hmm, so it is not a perfect port? As long as I uderstand reading the post of Jackalus something is missing on the lindbergh port, right?

Mav
Math calculations are wrong and not like in the original Lindbergh version, thus sun is messed up among other things.

Sure it's great but man, but please finish it :)