Ikaruga or Psyvariar 2

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Ikaruga or Psyvariar 2

Post by OldFoo »

I plan on picking up a Naomi system that will include either Ikaruga or Psyvariar 2... Which one would you pick, and why? I have seen both on a DC emulator, but have never played either one, so I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Ikaruga because you will need to play it much more to finish it. But both are great shooters.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Psyvariar 2 is a "points game2 & can be dusted in 5mins.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Brumma, I'd probably pick Ikaruga if I were you, since its a little more traditional than the stick wiggling mechanic on Psyvariar 2. Both are essential if you are a shmups fan.

For the record, all shmup/shooters are point based. If you don't like playing with a single credit for score, then you should probably stick to console games.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Thank you very much, gents! I was leaning towards Ikaruga as I've heard from other sources that Psyvariar2 is rather short. Psyvariar definitely looks cool, but I'll pick up Ikaruga first.

As a general comment, I consider myself more of a fighter fan, but I've found myself spending more time with Shikigami no Shiro 2 and 3 lately. I really haven't spent a whole lot of time with shmups since I was a kid, but I am definitely enjoying some of the new systems employed in these (well, they're new to me! :) ).