New on Naomi... Sample Game!*

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

New on Naomi... Sample Game!*

Post by OldFoo »

(*A.K.A. Guilty Gear X?)

Copied and pasted from myself at NG:

I finally got my Naomi Uni! I am officially one of you guys now however the strangest thing... it came with Guilty Gear X, and a USA biosed N1 mobo. However the game in the test menu where it shows what game is inserted, comes up as, "SAMPLE GAME USA VERSION" - instead of GUILTY GEAR X USA like I *think* it's supposed to. Can anyone confirm this? I have reason to believe this may be a beta version of Guilty Gear X, as the blood in the game also shows up as green (which is red in GGX2R).

If anyone can confirm this, post in this thread! Pictures soon to follow. Thanks in advance!

Shmenge
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I remember there was a post about this. I believe this is normal as it says it on my copy of the game as well. As for the blood, when running on the USA bios, it will be green. To see it red, it needs the Japanese or Export bios on the Naomi mobo. :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Alright. How strange! As long as this is settled. :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Geezer can re-program the eprom to change the game title.

I did that with Giant Gram 2000, before I sold it..

You have 7 title names, for the 7 different regions (6/7 are for the developers BIOS, which I don't have).

You can also change some of the other text bits in games, like Insert Coin.

Pointless but it can be done!! Only worth doing if you got an eprom burner, and can recycle the original eprom.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

So wait, are you saying you could reprogram the games eprom to have it show up as GUILTY GEAR X USA in the bios, and change the text and blood from japanese to english and green to red? :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I wish it could be that simple. When comparing the different roms side-by-side, they each have different programming and checksums. So although you can change the actual words that show up on the screen, the game region will still remain the same. :smt009
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

The thing that's weird about it is that the game is a "COM" game, not "EXP" or "JPN", so when paired with a USA bios, you would think the text would show in english but it doesn't. Was Guilty Gear X ever released in the USA in arcades? :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Death Crimson OX is also a COM game, but its only Japanese, because they never used the ISO english char set.