Switching between GD-ROM and cartridge

Naomi & all other arcade talk forum
OldFoo

Switching between GD-ROM and cartridge

Post by OldFoo »

I was just wondering how you guys feel about switching between GD-ROM games and carts. Do you think it's a pain? Do you have two separate mobos for that specific purpose? What's your take on it?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I'd say its no more a pain than swtiching between grdom games with that damned security chip. But I do have multiple mobos for carts and GD.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Swapping out is ok for me, I bet Andy has a mobo for each game :smt007
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:Swapping out is ok for me, I bet Andy has a mobo for each game :smt007

He's gotta do summat with all that cash, yeah? :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I find it easier to swap, even though I have 2 Naomi2. Also, I don't find it so difficult to change the PICs. :smt004
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:I find it easier to swap, even though I have 2 Naomi2. Also, I don't find it so difficult to change the PICs. :smt004

I don't find them that difficult anymore either. For me it's just a matter of gripping them properly and they pop right out.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I have 2 setups...one cab for carts and one setup for gd-roms. I still hate the damn security chip, lol.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i'm thinking about getting a naomi1 mobo for my carts.

since a few week i'm thinking i'd be sad if my n2 mobo connector gets hurt while swapping roms/dimmboard.

but swapping PIC has never been a problem.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Yeah, I have a mobo for each game..

But I only own one game.. :smt044

Swapping the security chips gets easier with practice, I think everyone thinks they are going to break them first time when trying to remove!
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I've got 3 setups, 2 N2 & 1 N1

My plan is to have a N2 GD, N2 Cart & then the N1 with GD for Vertical games.

Got all the bits, just need somewhere to put them (oh and 3 cabs to put them in)