Linking Cabinets

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

RGP wrote:
Bios screen maybe?

Unfortunately, the game version does not show up on the bios screen. :smt009 Just in case, I checked if I'm running with the same Naomi2 bios (and they are).

I opened the carts and found the numbers on the bios and security chip to be identical. So I will assume that the game versions are the same.

There is an option located near the master/slave option that I'm not familiar with. It's labeled "Max Line". Anybody knows what this means or does? Perhaps this has something to do with the linking. :smt102
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You have got the network board installed before the cartridge right??

It should say

Naomi Network or Naomi 2 Network when you switch the Naomi on.

If you haven't got a network card your going to get nowhere.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Bios screen maybe?

yep. Sometimes you also have a small sticker on the cart.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:You have got the network board installed before the cartridge right??

It should say

Naomi Network or Naomi 2 Network when you switch the Naomi on.

If you haven't got a network card your going to get nowhere.

When you say 'Network card', are you referring to the comm. boards? If so, then yes. They are connected underneath each cart.

I haven't seen the 'Naomi Network' screen you mentioned, although I thought you would see that if you have the Net version of the Dimm module. :smt017

The only network message is when it is actually trying to establish a connection, then times out.

I still wonder what "Max Line" means. :smt102
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Hmm, should be a 5 second job if you got the comm boards.

Normally all you do is set one to slave, the other to master and thats it.

Try another game to isolate the com boards being faulty
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I disconnected the comm. board and placed the game directly onto the Naomi. Without changing any of the settings, it gives me a 'comm. board not present' error. So, I can conclude that if the comm. board was not working, I would have gotten this message all the time. :smt012

This is frustrating. It is supposed to be as simple as connect, master/slave, play. I have extra comm. boards in storage, so I guess I should try them to eliminate the boards as the problem. :smt093
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Has anyone sucessfully linked Gundam before? Perhaps someone has some insight on this problem... :smt100 :smt090