Marvel vs Capcom 2 problems

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Marvel vs Capcom 2 problems

Post by OldFoo »

Hi everyone. I recently purchased a marvel vs Capcom 2 cart, and I'm having some serious problems with it. First of all, I'm playing it on a Naomi 2 m/b with the Capcom I/O. Ok, when I start it up, i get the Naomi 2 screen, then the loading screen. After a few seconds, it goes back to the Naomi 2 screens and starts all over again...its stuck in a loop like this. I did a rom baord test from the test menu, and here's what I got:

IC 11 - IC31 Bad

IC 32 Good

Ok, I then went into game test mode and did a rom board test from there and here's what it says:

IC 17 - IC32 All of the odd numbered ones are Bad, and all of the even ones are Good.

Is my game basically screwed, or is there something else i am missing that can be causing the problem. The person I bought it from said it was working up until he shipped it out, so I'm confused as to what the problem could be. Any help is appreciated.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hmmm, measure your 5v line under load, maybe increase it a little if its low and try again, other than that you may have a dodgy cart
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I just tried it...nothing. Could the problem be that I have the wrong bios?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I doubt a BIOS incompaibilty would report Bad IC's, that and the fact that MvC2 cart works on export and Japanese BIOS's.

do you know which BIOS you have installed or what region it is?

do you have any other carts you can test with ?

was it bought on eBay ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's incredible the amount of faulty Mvc2 carts selling on ebay. Good chances the game was not working before the seller sent it. As far as i know a bad IC = a dead cart.

Who did you buy this from ?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I bought it from Billd420 from the neo-geo.com forums. Actually, I bought a Metal Slug 2 from him there, and it was a coincidence that I got his MVS2 on ebay. So, am I basically screwed? I checked my bios and it says:

EPR -

B

His auction said all sales were final, so I know its gonna be a problem if i ask for a refund...I was kinda hoping there was something I was missing, but all those roms keep coming up bad.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

hmm intresting.. i'll reply later :smt010
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

What? Unless I'm missing something, isn't billd420 a pretty respected trader? I got the MVC2 from ebay, but I got the Slug 2 from the neo-geo forums and they both arrived in the same box, under a seller with the same name. Can you explain more?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I saw it on ebay & I'm sure it was listed as "sold as seen" which usually means not working.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Nah, it was listed as working...I've still got the link. I tried in in another cab...same errors. Hopefully the seller will be cool about it and give me a refund...he had to have known it didn't work. Anybody here happen to be selling a working one?