System246: Soul Calibur 2 Time Unlocks

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

System246: Soul Calibur 2 Time Unlocks

Post by OldFoo »

*This is also posted at killercabs, but I sent it over here as well for maximum exposure.

From what I understand, the following features get unlocked after the corresponding amount of play time:

Yoshimitsu 10 days of play

Charade 20 days of play

Cervantes 30 days of play

Conquest Mode 30 days of play

I just installed soul calibur into my 246, and when it loaded all of the data was default/ factory data. I know for a fact that the software came off of location, so I'd imagine everything should have saved on the memory card that suppliments the dongle.

If I change games, will the 2 whole hours I've logged into it save, or will it be wiped out again?

Also, are there any codes to bypass the 30 day lock?

Finally, has anyone attempted to hack the save file on the memory card (not dongle) which clearly is a PS2 memory card? I wonder if it can be read/written using a PS2 memory card reader. I'll compare the 246 memory card PCB with a PS2 memory card PCB later to see if they're identical.

Help please!

Bill

*Update: It does indeed save the data when you change games. I'm assuming that the memory card gets registered to the motherboard, and resets the data when its installed on a new setup. Lame. I have to have my 246 running for 720 hours straight before i'll unlock conquest mode and all the hidden characters. My DVD drive will probly die before I see everything lol