Initial D & Club Kart on racing cabs ?

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Initial D & Club Kart on racing cabs ?

Post by OldFoo »

Hi all :)

I'd like to know if these games (Cycraft versions excluded) could be played on a dedicated racing cab like Scud Race (SEGA Super GT) or Daytona USA ?

Thanks a lot.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

they both exists on regular sitdown
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Sure, but this is to avoid having 3 racing cabs, i manage in the future to get only one.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Initial D uses a different type of feedback motor than what is normally used in driving cabs. Most driving cabs use a single-phase brush type motor while Initial D uses a tri-phase brushless motor with positional feedback electronics. Also, the feedback pcb electronics are different so, if you don't mind playing without force feedback, it might be ok. Also, sega driving games use 5k ohm resistors as opposed to other game types which use different resistance values (some are 100k!). Initial D also runs only in hi-res mode (VGA 640x480) so standard and medium resolutions monitors are out :smt009 .
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Actually Initial D motor is the same as you'd find in Scud Race/Super GT

Sega still use this 500W Servo motor in new games like SegaRace TV..

Only the feedback board that changes, the wiring from the feedback board is the same, and probably will be for future builds.. :smt020

So yes with a Tri-sync monitor and a midi driveboard and M3 to JVS wiring you could quite quickly add Initial D and other JVS driving games.

I've made the wiring for dual JVS and M2/M3 driving games :)
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

I wasn't sure what is in M2/M3 cabs, so I made a general reference to standard cabs (Konami, Atari, etc). You learn something new everyday. :smt005
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

joshua3dg wrote:I wasn't sure what is in M2/M3 cabs, so I made a general reference to standard cabs (Konami, Atari, etc). You learn something new everyday. :smt005

M2 is a bit different, but on M2 and M3 you can get some M2 working with M3 feedback hardware, and vice versa..

The other companies use cheap feedback solutions, Sega decided to use heavy duty industrial servo motors (500W/0.5hp)

A lot more expensive, but high quality.. on some games on Force 10 setting like Nascar, it rips your arms off.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

It's excellent if i could play these two on a Scud, i didn't hope that much :smt007

Maybe i'll ask for these wiring Andy than if you count to sell some on your website don't forget to contact me :D

Thank to you two for all these answers, i learned a lot :)