Pimping Out My NAOMI - Installing Subwoofer in Universal Cab

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Pimping Out My NAOMI - Installing Subwoofer in Universal Cab

Post by OldFoo »

Was thinking about installing large a subwoofer in my Universal NAOMI cabinets to the left of the coin box kinda like the Driving games. :smt020

18 Wheeler

Club Cart Prize

There is a pizza place near me with an 18 wheeler so I can at least take a closer look at design and all.

I want it to thump like the lowriders. :smt028

How many watts is standard NAOMI amp?

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? :smt115

Thanks and Regards

Bob Presutti
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

You can't install the sub woofer unless you have all the extras.

The woofer bolts to the side and the coin tower.

The woofer needs to have its own volume pot, and low pass amp and power, the black RCA connector from the NAomi amp, its just unamplfied mono for the low pass amp.

Those woofers rock!!! You can buy the complete Assys still and they are around ?350! :D
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

AndyGeezer wrote:
The woofer needs to have its own volume pot, and low pass amp and power, the black RCA connector from the NAomi amp, its just unamplfied mono for the low pass amp.

Thanks Andy, Maybe time for a DIY (Do it Yourself) project. :smt115

In the interim you gave me the info I needed too at least experiment. :D

Gonna take my M&K powered sub with adjustable low pass and band pass filters from my home theater system which has a mono RCA input and hook it up to the the black RCA connector from the NAOMI amp to see what it sounds like. :smt020

AndyGeezer wrote:Those woofers rock!!! You can buy the complete Assys still and they are around ?350! :D

WOW. Add S/H and it will only cost about $900 USD per unit. :smt010

They do look SEXY as all get out though. :smt007

AndyGeezer wrote:You can't install the sub woofer unless you have all the extras.

The woofer bolts to the side and the coin tower.

Do you happen to have P/N for the assembly anyway?

Also, can you buy just the metal surround bracket for a DIY project?
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

can you just have the audio( red/white) running it in to a home theatre amp the out to a sub... it maybe ghetto... but it's cheap :smt004
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

racecar wrote:can you just have the audio( red/white) running it in to a home theatre amp the out to a sub... it maybe ghetto... but it's cheap :smt004

I think you could run the red/white to left/right stereo channels. and the black mono to a powered sub.

Yep. getto but LOUD.