Soul Calibur

Naomi & all other arcade tech questions forum
OldFoo

Soul Calibur

Post by OldFoo »

There are a bunch of connectors on this board compared to the rest (like Tekken 2 for example). For powering up, do I need more then just the main jamma? I know there is one plug that looks like it should be power.. (the 6 prong one). The board looks to be in good shape though, as does most of the cabinet, I just need to wait til it stops raining to test out the monitor and stuff
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

i do have a tekken tag board that's on the exact same hardware as soul calibur and i don't need anything more than the jamma loom plus some wires for buttons 4 & 5 ^^
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Well, I know tekken 2 (sys 11 tho) didnt require it. The plug im questioning is :

OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

No need for that, runs fine on the jamma. You'll have to hook buttons 3 and 4 up to the namco connector though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Bah then mines busted ;P Dont think Ill figure out whats wrong with it heh. Time to shop for a new board
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Tekken 3/Tag and Soul Calibur are JVS aswell as JAMMA, the 6 pin header is for plugging in a JVS PSU to power the board (usually in a Namco cab or tri res Naomi), USB for controls, VGA for video and phono's for sound output

does sound like yours is fucked tho
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Any idea why some Namco hardware seems to have 2 video ports? I can't think of a good reason. :smt017
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

for output to 2 screens, namco cabs like the Cyberlead also have an RGB> Video board so you can display whats going off on the cab screen on a display monitor
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Mr-Megalo wrote:for output to 2 screens, namco cabs like the Cyberlead also have an RGB> Video board so you can display whats going off on the cab screen on a display monitor
I've still never looked into this. Need to get some Namco board action going though.
OldFoo

Post by OldFoo »

Borman wrote:Bah then mines busted ;P Dont think Ill figure out whats wrong with it heh. Time to shop for a new board

can you post a pic of your SC board?

Mine works fine off the jamma. Just missing some buttons.